Future of Food in Canterbury
Will we need to change our farming practices? What will be the impact of climate change, peak oil, global food trends, world population pressures, water issues? What do we need to do to produce food sustainably in the future?
Join respected broadcaster Kim Hill and panellists in a stimulating discussion on the future of food production in Canterbury featuring:
- William Rolleston, Farmer and Vice President of Federated Farmers
- Carolyn Lister, Research Leader, Plant and Food Research, Plants and health
- David Whitehead, Chief Scientist, Landcare Research, Climate Change
- Steve Wratten, Professor of Ecology, Lincoln University
- John Donkers, Director, Central Plains Water Limited
- Nick Pike, CEO, Foundation of Arable Research
When: Thursday 29 March
Where: Stewart 1 Lecture Theatre, Lincoln University (sign posted on the night).
Doors open from 7.00pm, refreshments and nibbles provided, $5.00 koha.